Thursday, January 22, 2015

It's true....you learn something new every day (or at least I am)

I'm finding (as I get older) that I enjoy learning more than I ever had before. Our church is currently doing a study on The Doctrine of the Apostles. It's so interesting and exciting to find out things I hadn't known before.

I'm learning how to connect on a deeper level with God.  Learning more of what I need to do for a stronger Spiritual connection with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ.

Acts 2:42 is a staple scripture in our church.
KJV:   And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
NIV version: They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
NLT version: All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper[a]), and to prayer. 
No matter the version....we learn that we need to devote/continue steadfastly studying the Word of God, rightly dividing the word (instead of taking a few scriptures out of context and building a belief system).

I know I could spend the rest of my life studying the Word and never learn it all.  I can read the same scripture for years and then when God reveals it's meaning or more understanding....it's as if I've been in the dark and the light has been turned on.  It's truly amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment